As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number or email address.
The simple act of visiting a website leaves a trail of information, a "digital footprint," about visitors like you. Sometimes this footprint is vague and preserves your anonymity and other times it is tied specifically to you and your real life identity.
If all you do is click around and read pages, the data captured about you is vague. If you leave a comment or sign up for a newsletter, the data captured about you is sometimes very specific. Almost all web sites on the web today collect data in this fashion about visitors, and this site is no different.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes besides Newsletter usage by T2 Media, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require T2 Media to provide a third party with your personal information.
We may collect personal information at several places on the Websites, including without limitation:
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive a newsletter or our events listing;
- when you subscribe to one of our email discussion lists or register to establish a user/member account on any of our Websites, such as The Cushion (located at http://thecushion.com);
- when you donate money to us, purchase a product or merchandise, purchase a Pay-Per-View event, and/or purchase a monthly/yearly subscription to any of our Websites;
- when you join the T2 Media network through our 'The Cushion' Website, and when you thereafter create/edit your profile page, identify your content, share a story, etc.; and
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums we make available to that community.
Purchases. When you purchase a subscription (monthly or yearly), a Pay-Per-View event a product or merchandise via one of our Websites, your personal information will be handled in the following ways:
- your information will be use to contact our 3rd Party Payment Processor (such as PayPal) to complete and process any purchase you have made with your personal information you voluntarily provided thru one of our Websites;
- your personal information will be used for the purpose of shipping you any products or merchandise you purchased. This personal information will be provided to any shipping agent used to provide delivery of goods, such as FedEx, UPS, USPS;
Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you register to be a member, purchase a subscription (monthly or yearly), purchase a Pay-Per-View event, send us emails or sign up to receive our newsletter or events listing in order to respond to your request — for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and events related to T2 Media.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, events list or one of our email discussion lists, your name and email address is sent to and stored by our 3rd Party Email Marketing service provider. This personal information is not shared or sold to any other organization(s) for the purpose of contacting you regarding any 3rd Party's goods or services.
Registered Users. When you register to obtain a user account on any of the Websites (any such person, a “Registered User”), including but not limited to The Cushion Site (located at http://thecushion.com) you will be asked to provide personal information to create your account and establish a password. Providing your email address and real name is required. Your email address will allow us to communicate with you for technical and customer support, send you your password if you should forget it, etc. We will also use that personal information to establish and maintain your membership and provide you with the features we provide for Registered Users, and for the purpose of contacting you about upcoming news and events relevant to T2 Media.
In general, it is not T2 Media’s practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
First, T2 Media may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Websites or the service.
If T2 Media is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, T2 Media will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or T2 Media is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
T2 Media has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that T2 Media stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Websites and server logs, including when you log into a website using your The Cushio User ID and Password.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect. When you use the Websites, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using. In addition, whenever you use your The Cushion User ID to log into a website, our servers (which, again, may be hosted by a third party service provider) keep a log of the websites you visit and when you visit them.
No Linking. We do not intentionally link browsing information or information from our server logs to the personal information you submit to us. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Websites are being used, to improve our Websites and the features we provide, and for systems administration purposes. T2 Media may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of our Websites for those same purposes.
No Access. As a membership website service provider, T2 Media could technically access your web-based account tied to our The Cushion website service, and could log in on behalf of any of its users to any of the accounts they have accessed using their The Cushion User ID. T2 Media will never use this technical login ability for any purpose unless otherwise required by law.
No Retention. T2 Media discards non personal browsing information from our server logs once we have used the information for the limited purposes noted above, under “No Linking.”
Notice. If T2 Media is required to provide a third party with your non personal browsing information or to log in on behalf of a The Cushion User (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then T2 Media will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless T2 Media is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
The Websites are not directed at minors/children under the age of 13. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Our Master Terms and Conditions specifically prohibit anyone using our Websites from submitting any personally identifiable information about persons under 13 years of age. Any person who provides their personal information to T2 Media through the Websites represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
The T2 Media Websites are hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the Websites from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
Effective Date: March 12, 2013