Here you will find some answers to common questions regarding our Live PPV Events and our Subscription Memberships.
1. What speed Internet connection do I need to have?
- You CANNOT view any LIVE PPV broadcasts on Dial-Up. You need a Cable, DSL, Fiber, T1 or High Speed Satellite* connection.
- Mobile (cell) connection needs a solid 4G LTE signal. Video will buffer on a 3G connection. Bouncing between 3G and 4G will cause video playback issues as well
- We recommend a 3.0 Mbps download speed connection on your end.
- To test your home connection speed, please use one of the following sites: SpeedTest or SpeakEasy.
* For Satellite connections, please check with your provider as some services limit your daily bandwidth transfer, so streaming a broadcast for 4+ hours might exceed your limit.
2. How do I purchase an Live PPV event?
You MUST be at minimum a Free Member of The Cushion to have the ability to purchase Live Video Broadcasts. If not a member, please JOIN NOW, there are 3 levels of membership: General (Free), Premium (Monthly billing) or VIP (Yearly billing - best value). Premium and VIP gives you access to every piece of video content on the site
- Mouse-over the LIVE Video menu item on the top navigation bar and click on the desired option (i.e. Knoxville LIVE).
- Once on the specific PPV Events page, there will be a highlighted and clickable link to any PPV live video broadcast that is available for purchase.
- You must be logged in to go any further, once you click to Buy Now, you will be taken to a secure payment page where you will several payment options, including credit cards and PayPal.
- Once your one-time PPV purchase is made, an access credential key will be added to your Membership account, granting you access to the Live Video page you purchased.
- Check your email. After the payment is processed, you will receive 2 emails - a receipt for payment from our processor and an 'Instructions for Access' email from us. If you have any issues accessing the page purchased, refer to this instructions email and if that does not solve your issue, then please contact Tech Support.
3. I did not receive my receipt and/or confirmation email?
When you purchase a Monthly or Yearly Subscription or purchase a Live PPV event you should receive 2 emails after the purchase. One from our processor with your receipt and another from The Cushion with access instructions and thank you. If you did not receive these both of these emails, please go through the list below and if need be, send us an email via our Contact page.
- Make sure you are checking email for the same email address that was used for the purchase. Many people have multiple email addresses
- Check your Junk Mail or Spam folder in your email client. Some mail settings have their spam/junk mail filters set high and these type of automated emails will get caught up in the Junk Mail by accident instead of making it to your Inbox.
- If you mis-spelled your email during the purchase process, you will not receive any of these emails and will need to email us using the Contact page.
4. What browsers and/or devices are supported for Live Video and On-Demand Highlights
- Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer (IE 8 or higher)
- Mobile: All iOS devices including iPhones and iPads + all Andriod devices including phones and tablets.
- Not Formally Supported (but should work and has for most): Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Wii, Playstation and similar systems. Though we know of many who use these systems with success to watch our video, we do not offer support for these systems because their Flash plugins are not always the same as main browsers (Firefox, etc) or might be a few versions behind, thus not providing the most up-to-date experience possible. Use these systems at your own risk.
Firefox is in bold because it is recommended. Not bashing IE, but it has always been a problematic browser and not just for our site or video, but for EVERYTHING on the web. Designers and developers have always had to provide special coding just to fix the problems to view web pages with the latest technology correctly in IE, where the other core group of browsers works fine... just sayin'.
5. What do I do if the video is choppy, not smooth or buffering?
Since this is the Internet, choppy video can happen from time to time, but it should not stay that way for any long period of time. If it does please try the following.
- Make sure you have enough down speed bandwidth with your home/office Internet provider. Minimum requirement is 3.0 Mbps (3000 Kbps).
- If you are unsure of your Internet connection speed, please refer to Item 1 on this page for ways to test your speed.
- If you are sure of what your Internet Speed package is with your provider, Test your speed anyway (see Item 1 on this page) and make sure your connection is still strong and that there is not any outages/interruptions with your local service provider.
- WiFi connections can sometimes cause this as they are not as reliable as a hard line (Ethernet) connection and will experience more fluctuation in speed over a period of time.
- Any other users/computers on the same Internet connection can draw speed away from your broadcast. Especially if another user is streaming video, downloading files or music, etc.
- Try to Refresh/Reload the page by forcing it to go out to the server to bring the page back in (not cached). Do this by holding the Shift key and clicking the Refresh/Reload button in your browser.
- Clear browser cache, close down your browser, re-launch the browser, re-login to The Cushion and try the video again.
- Try another browser. Internet Explorer (IE) has always been the browser that is behind and seems to need to most support, not just for live video, EVERYTHING. So we recommend Firefox over IE, but with that said, our video has been tested in ALL browsers including iOS and Andriod devices.
6. What computer requirements do I need?
- Smooth video playback requires minimum Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent with latest version of Flash. Minimum 64mb video ram suggested.
- We recommend the latest version of Flash, but the video will stream fine on Flash version 10.5 or higher.
- Full screen viewing provides a nice experience but require more computer processing power. Intel Dual Core or equivalent suggested for smooth full screen playback.
- Non Intel Macintosh Computers and First generation Netbook computers using Atom processors may have insufficient processing power to view even our Base Player smoothly.
You can download the latest Flash version here: Adobe Flash Player
As with all computing tasks, eliminating unnecessary running apps will free up processing power and provide for a better viewing experience.
7. What do I do if my audio is not working?
- 1st basic step, make sure your speakers are turned on and make sure the volume is up.
- Test your computer's audio by playing another audio file, like a music file.
- Check/Test your sound by going to Start --> Control Panel --> Sounds and Audio Devices. Under the Volume tab make sure Mute is not checked and that the volume scroll is somewhere in the middle. Test a sound by clicking on the Sounds tab then choosing a sound file like Default Beep and click the play arrow below.
- If you are connecting your computer to a TV, make sure you have the audio cables connected and run properly to the right inputs.
- Clear browser cache and then close down your browser completely. Then re-launch the browser, re-login to The Cushion and try the Video page again and see if audio has now kicked in.
8. What if there is a rain-out for a Live PPV Broadcast?
The PPV live broadcast is handled exactly as if you were at the track. If the track calls it a rain-out before it is an official race, we will offer all that paid a rain check for a free broadcast to the next event of equal value. Rain checks will be granted under the email address used for the original purchase. Now if rains come, but it is considered an official race by the track, then it is an official race with the PPV broadcast as well.
9. How do I upgrade my account?
- If NOT logged in. Log into your account. Once you log in you will be taken to a Thank You / Welcome Members page. On this page there is an option to Upgrade/Change your account.
- If Logged in. In the upper right side of every page you will see your Username along with links to 'Profile' and to 'Logout'. Click on the Profile link and on your profile page there is a link towards the bottom to Upgrade/Change your account.
10. How do I cancel my account?
We hate to see any of our members leave, but we understand there are times when a membership has to be cancelled.
- If NOT logged in. Log into your account. Once you log in you will be taken to a Thank You / Welcome Members page. On this page there is an option to Cancel your account.
- If Logged in. In the upper right side of every page you will see your Username along with links to 'Profile' and to 'Logout'. Click on the Profile link and on your profile page there is a link towards the bottom to Cancel your account.